I will tell you the truth, and you shall find your way

Monday, April 24, 2006

The things around us we don't see

Since it has been more than a week since I last blog, my immediate thoughts were what should I blog about. So there was I thinking

1) Politics in Singapore. But honestly I can count with 2 fingers the amount of people reading my blog that will be remotely interested.

2) My Job so far at Right Angle. Seeing People like Janell, Cindy and Dinesh enjoying their job so much just make it seems that I am having Macdonald's Ice Milo while everyone else is sipping down ice-blended mocha at Starbucks. And the worst part is that sometimes they run out of ice milo so i have to drink tea.

3) Some things which I have notice recently in Singapore.

I am going to comment on number 3. If it doesn't sound like your cup of tea. Please kindly proced to the link 'dinesh'. And please do not click on 'zul'. Nope it's not beacause I don't support his blog but because the link does not work.

Issue number one: Everyday I take the MRT down to work and then back from work. I can't help but notice two things. Firstly, why on earth is it that a 1st world nation such as Singapore that boast a ' World Class Transportion Hub' have 80% of the train's total riders standing up? Why can't the frequency of trains be more rapid?

Secondly I can't help but notice 50% of the faces I see on the MRT have the gloomy depressing look. The kinda look one gets after 4 years in the same shitty job they hate simply beacause the assholes in the PAP tells us not to be choosy during the bad time but to endure. Now can I ask you if you are from MDA or PAP. Is this suppose to be a good time or a bad time? If you say good then where are the jobs? If you say bad, it means that for 5 years.....the PAP and it's crew have been doing nothing other than promising us that the future is 'bright' and wasting their time on their latest temesak holdings investment oversees. And for goodness sake, we are not dumbo....we know who owns temesak holding. It's a government-owned company isn't it?

If I am wrong here.....please feel free to inform me of the correct term of what Temesak Holding should be labelled. Cose after 18 years living in Singapore, I still do not know excatly what kinda company it is suppose to be.

Anyway I came across this interesting quote

Mr Khaw had said in Parliament: “I take my hat off to the NKF”

Mr Lim added: “NKF is on quite a sound record” and then categorically assured everyone that “NKF is in full compliance with the regulations.”

hmm....If I am dumb, then our very own Mr health minister gotta be a dumber man than me. I wonder what he was doing everyday as Health Minister if his very own NKF can get into such a scandal.

BTW i still think he is one of the better person in cabinet. I certainly think he has intergity

8 Comments:

  • hmm...so you did talk about politics afterall...

    anyway, here is something interesting i found out. SMRT is going to sell the EZ-link system away.

    SMRT, a temasek-owned company will sell the system to QB, a temasek-owned company. Bravo.

    By Blogger dinesh, at 9:51 AM  

  • hmmm, I have been cracking my brain for over the last 30 seconds and I cannot understand why such is transfer is made. My only conclusion is that QB needs to boast it's regular income while SMRT wants a one-time increase in revenue

    Any other opinion?

    By Blogger Timothy, at 10:36 PM  

  • no idea...but QB's only client might be SMRT...

    And i wonder, if the transport system in Singapore is owned "privately", do they pay fucking huge taxes on revenue earned? I wonder how much taxes Temasek Holdings has to pay if it it works like this, since the government considers it a private company.

    By Blogger dinesh, at 10:12 AM  

  • Since this is my blog and I am talking about politics. I be more more than willing to answer any question from any readers out there that may or may not agree with me.

    Anyway dinesh, you can go check temesak holdings website and find out for yourself what they are actually considered, Private or Government-owned. I think the interesting thing you may find out is that a bloody difficult to find out what they actually are

    By Blogger Timothy, at 10:52 AM  

  • I wonder who in channel 5 is doing the scheduling? It's a joke that survivor is going at, 11.30pm?

    Anyway yup temesak again...i have more interesting facts but i will keep it to myself for now

    By Blogger Timothy, at 1:39 AM  

  • i have the most interesting fact...anything posted on your blog, written by yourself or otherwise (this includes the whole world's population basically), is your responsibility and you be the only on prosecuted.

    By Blogger dinesh, at 1:50 PM  

  • Yup I will most likely be vulnerable to prosecution as singapore is a country whereby the Law can be abused by those who knows it well.

    But I am damm well sure that somewhere written in that law book, I will be able to drag the person who make the 'false' comments

    By Blogger Timothy, at 11:29 PM  

  • "singapore is a country whereby the Law can be abused by those who knows it well"

    Who would know the law better than the people who made it?

    And on another note, one could always just post comments anonymously.

    By Blogger dinesh, at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home